[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: [SCAHRLDS] recent rules revisions

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Aug 22 12:24:38 PDT 2001

> The text of RfS X.2 is changed to the following:
>
> X.2. Substantially Different Charges - Simple armory does not
> conflict with
> other simple armory if the type of every primary charge is substantially
> changed.
>
> These types of changes were normally seen between complete strangers in
> blood, and were not usually used to indicate any form of cadency. For
> purposes of this rule, simple armory is defined as armory that has no more
> than two types of charge directly on the field and has no overall charges.

Here is a question for someone.  If I read this all correctly, the rule is
now

Color A, an X <Metal B> does not conflict with Color A, a Y <Metal B>.

However, does the rule also apply to the fields.  That is, does the
following
conflict?

Color A, an X <Metal B>   *and*  Color C, an X <Metal B>  or for that matter
Color A, an X <Metal B>   *and*  Quarterly Colors A and C, an X <Metal B>

My initial feeling is that they would not conflict given the above change in
the rules.
The concept is essentially the same as the rule.  Given the fact that the
field usually takes up a much larger area than the charge in simple
Heraldry, I would assume that it would actually show greater difference than
just changing the color of the charge.

Opinions?

Petruccio