[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 09:54:49 PDT 2001

--- Darius and Monica <dmriney at earthlink.net> wrote:
Unfortunatly the names that have been sugested either conflict with
> alredy registered names or do not follow the guidlines for Names of
> Orders and Households, The suggested badge I suspect will have
> identifyability problems "Sable on a fess argent an arrow surmounted
> by
> a molet of five greater and five lesser points, sable" I may be wrong
> but I don't think a black arrow surmounted by a black Ansteorran Star
> would fly.

I do not necessarily think that this would have identifiability
problems.  It should be as clear as any other same color cross-over
example.  Is the arrow fess-wise in this concept?  Otherwise it is in
pale, head down, which on a Fess would be problematic.

If it were for some reason deemed to have a problem then my next
suggestion would be :

Sable, on a fess argent an arrow fesswise headed of a mullet of five
greater and five lesser points.

Having been involved with the original concept for this award a bit, I
know that the Argent Fess is important as the concept is to make the
Regalia a white bracer with the above charge on it, drawing on the same
heraldic theme which gives a White Scarf as the regalia for the White
Scarves of Ansteorra.

Some possible name ideas which might fly could be :

Order of the Hunt
Order of the Falling Stars
Order of the White Bracer

I've not checked if any of these might be clear, they are simply ideas.

Timothy