[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Aug 27 15:20:01 PDT 2001

> > [Fieldless] On a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable, a
> > pheon Or.
>
> Quick check of the online O and A says it's clear.  The closest I found was:
>
> [Fieldless] On a Star of David sable, a saltorel or;
>
> Which makes it one for the SoD (six points vs. ten), and one for the saltorel
> (change in secondary), plus the fieldless-CD.

Uh, no.  X.4.j.ii.a. requires that in order to get a type change only CD
for a charge upon another charge the charged charge be one which has an
interior which is large enough to support another charge.  Mullets of six
or more points don't qualify.  I quote from X.4.j.a.: "Gules, on a mullet of
six points Or a cross crosslet sable does not have a clear difference from
Gules, on a mullet of six points Or a pellet because the interior of a
correctly drawn mullet of six points is too small."  So mullets of even
more points don't stand a chance.
Furthermore, the only guideline existing which decrees difference between
between number, which has been applied to points on a mullet in the past and
continues to be, is X.4.f. Number Changes, which specifically states,
"Six and higher numbers, including sem of charges, are not significantly
different from each other."

So there's one CD for fieldlessness, no others.
Sorry.

- Teceangl
--
                Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Use an egg box like everyone else and stop being such a poser.