[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 23:02:25 PDT 2001

Darius is correct in suggesting design a badge and
name the awards from that.  You can use the same
justification that household names that are literal
to be put on an inn sign are registerable.  If you
can represent an award as regalia or a sign it is
registerable.

>Order of the Hunt (which actually ties in nicely with the Royal Huntsman)
I like this and the tie in.  I like this one a lot but
see one serious problems.  Golden Hunter was returned
as not being too abstract to be represented on an inn sign.  The Hunt is
even more abstract to get by with as
regalia or a sign.  We are looking at hunting woodcuts
to try to appeal the Golden Hunter.  "Period Order
Names" has order of the horn and several named after
animals but I don't seen much that would help.
Pity, that is a nice name.

>Order of the Falling Stars
Again the problem of being abstract comes up. Period
orders were either saints, virtues, or something
you could represent like an heraldic charge or sign.
How do we depict this without getting it confused
with comets?

>Order of the White Bracer
This one just might fly since it can be literally
represented.  We would need a picture of that type of
armor.  The only similar registration of a charge I can
find is an arm in armor.  That should be fairly
easy to accomplish.

Magnus von Lubeck