[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

Griffin ap Rhys lord_housemythos at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:07:08 PDT 2001

>This won't fly because of a Jaelle precedent that noted no examples
>found of a placename being used in an Order/Award name.

I think this could be overturned.  What about the Order of Malta?  or the
Order of Alcantara (Leon)?  Of Avis (Portugal)?

>Several of these would have problems with the "Inn Sign" concept.  They
>aren't easily thought of by looking at a picture.

I am not at all sure that all order names need to fit on an inn sign.

I prefer a Saint name.

In service,
Lord Griffin ap Rhys
Asterisk Herald
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"The Maltese do some strange s**t with heraldry."
---Master Da'ud ibn Auda, Ansteorran Kingdom Heraldic Symposium, 2001