[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 13:34:10 PDT 2001

--- Griffin ap Rhys <lord_housemythos at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >This won't fly because of a Jaelle precedent that noted no examples
> >found of a placename being used in an Order/Award name.
>
> I think this could be overturned.  What about the Order of Malta?  or
> the
> Order of Alcantara (Leon)?  Of Avis (Portugal)?

Correcting myself, somewhat, it was deemed to be a wierdness.  The
exact quote is :

No one has been able to provide any evidence that period order names
ever used a location in the name. Therefore, from now on, adding the
name of a place to an order name will be considered one weirdness.
(Cover Letter 11/96)

Timothy