[ANSTHRLD] Possible new award

PoetLover poetlover at spdway.net
Tue Aug 28 20:11:13 PDT 2001

Ok, since I now have a few minutes to put in my two cents
worth....my husband - the archer in our humble household- made
the comment that "a white bracer would be equivalent to the
Heralds' (of Valdemar) 'oh-shoot-me-now-whites'" (from Mercedes
Lackey's Valdemar series). He made the suggestion of an earth
toned bracer with the badge (whatever is decided on). Also,
another observation, IF this new award were to  be named
something like "Order of the Golden Pheon" would that conflict
with an event name like "Golden Arrow" or are event names not
registered?

Bridgid

PS One final question regarding a student "name" would the
student of a Laurel be a "leaf" and the student of a Pelican be a
"chick"? (Just hoping you might get a chuckle out of the pun.)

> >Also, in response to the question about Centurions' students..
> >
> >I also thought that they had a name.  I was fast corrected.
Any fighter
> >may
> >take a man-at-arms.  Centurions, Irises (SP?), and Stars of
Merit, to my
> >knowledge, have only "students."
>

>    The Centurions call them men-at-arms because, fightingwise,
students are
> those training under a Master-at-Arms-- equivelant to that of
knight and
> squire.
>
> Godspeed,
> Cyniric Cyniwarding
> man-at-arms to Centurion Airaklee Wolf and HL Ceinwen ferch
Rhuel