ANSTHRLD - Conflict check

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:47:55 PST 2001

Per pale gules and azure, a leopard and unicorn combatant within a border
or.

The closest I could find was:
Guillaine de Vaux registered in June of 1984 (via the Middle):
"Per pale gules and azure, a bull and a unicorn combattant Or and a chevron
abased ermine."
This should be clear by the change of type to primary leopard vs bull and
the addition of the bordure.

There was some concern whether the bordure would clear the appearance of
marshalling since it was a common way to cadence marshalled arms.
It appears the bordure is considered overall to clear this in the SCA except
when a counterchanged bordure is used.
The most recent ruling I could find was: "This is being returned for
violating RfS XI.3.a. (appearance of marshalling) which states: 	"Such
fields may be used with identical charges over the entire field, or with
complex lines of partition or charges overall that were not used for
marshalling in period heraldry."  It has been held previously that a
counterchanged bordure is not such a "charge overall". (Jaelle of Armida,
LoAR February 1999, p. 10)"

If you need documentation for Spanish or German names I have it.

Magnus von Lubeck