ANSTHRLD - Badges for Kingdom Awards/Titles

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Tue Jan 2 15:17:49 PST 2001

FYI, the badge currently associated with Kingdom Warlord was originally
registered for King's Champion.

Here's the entries from the online armorial:

The following badge associated with this name was registered in March of
1989 (via Ansteorra) and redesignated in September of 1989 (via Ansteorra):
          Or, a mullet of five greater and five lesser points
          sable, a base embattled gules.
          for the King's Champion

The following badge associated with this name was registered in September
of 1989 (via Ansteorra):
          Or, a mullet of five greater and five lesser points
          sable, a base embattled gules.
          for the Kingdom Warlord

Anyone here been around long enough to remember what went on in 1989 to
switch which name the badge was associated with?  Were they one and the
same position back then?  Griffin, one of the LoIs from March-May 1989 or
so in the Bordure files may have some details or they may not...

Mari

>Regarding King's Champion ... I understand about the position itself as
its own
>recognition, but Queen's Champion has a registered badge and scroll text.
Why