[ANSTHRLD] A quick confirmation

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Mon Jul 16 11:49:04 PDT 2001

Folks,

My lady Emma pointed out something to me on the trip back from the Symposium
that made me want to slap my forehead and go "duh!"  While I trust my lady,
I distrust my own sense and I totally distrust the obvious. :)  So just
to check:

I have registered as my device:
	Per pale sable and gules, an increscent argent.

My lady points out this means if I wanted the badge:
	(Fieldless) An increscent argent.

...that it's a shoo-in, without looking, since if it existed, it would be
in conflict with my device, and she also notes that I'm assumed to have
permission to conflict with myself.

Blindingly obvious logic, but I was amazed.  Pat me on the head and tell me
I'm not missing something?

Chandra

--
Shri Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy, Pursuivant Extraordinaire
Northern Regional Virtual Scribe