[ANSTHRLD] A quick confirmation

Ryder, Brent BRYDER at compucom.com
Mon Jul 16 12:09:26 PDT 2001

> My lady points out this means if I wanted the badge:
> 	(Fieldless) An increscent argent.
>
>...that it's a shoo-in, without looking, since if it
>existed, it would be in conflict with my device, and she >also notes
that I'm assumed to have permission to
>conflict with myself.
>
>Blindingly obvious logic, but I was amazed.  Pat me on
>the head and tell me I'm not missing something?

Ummmm..... one thought comes to mind. Fieldless does not take into
account position on the field. If someone had a different field but an
increscent to chief or base, then you would have the CD for the Field
but none for position on the field which would make it a conflict.

Looking for this I find:

Laelia Caoilinn nic Bhréanainn, 'Per chevron rayonny sable and gules, in
base an increscent argent.'

Which gives a CD for the field, but none for position on the field.

Sorry about that

Borek, Star