[ANSTHRLD] for his Majesty

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Jul 18 14:18:21 PDT 2001

Borek wrote:
> Do we want to do the typical Ansteorran thing and put an 'Ansteorran
> Star'

Please, please, I beg, no.  It's a non-period charge and we already
stick it on most anything and real-world kingdoms didn't stick a
special widget on all their insignia.

Philosophy: I think there are too many awards in general in the SCA,
and that other forms of reward should be considered more.  One
somewhat neglected area is job titles and jobs -- "the best reward for
a job well-done is another job".  "Captain of ___" would be
distinctive.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)