[ANSTHRLD] helms, livery, and fru-fru oh my

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Fri Jul 20 07:43:54 PDT 2001

> Teceangl,
> Thank you for the advice.  I am starting this little guide based in
> Ansteorra, but something I'm wanting to look into is either making it a
> Known World guide, or make Volumes for each kingdom.  I am very curious to
> see what other kingdoms do with achievements.  I know awards vary greatly
> among kingdoms, so I am going to avoid specific awards as much as
> possible,
> but the classes of awards (magnates, peers, grant, armigerous,
> non-armigerous) seem to be fairly congruent, or am I mistaken?

In Atenveldt you get a helm at Grant level with no mantling but a crest (the
helm faces to dexter).  Patent level you get mantling and supporters.  Only
Lions of Atenveldt are allowed a lion as a supporter.  The helm faces
affronte and is open.  Laurels may have a torse of a laurel wreath, Pelicans
may have a chapeau as a crest.  Nobility may have a coronet sitting on top
of their helm (of suitable type to their station).  Nobility are also
entitled to augmentation of arms of a suitable coronet on their device.

At least, that's what it was 5 years ago.  Things tend to be volatile in
Atenveldt, so that may have changed since I did the scribes handbook.

Petruccio