[ANSTHRLD] helms, livery, and fru-fru oh my

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jul 19 21:15:27 PDT 2001

> Thank you for the advice.  I am starting this little guide based in
> Ansteorra, but something I'm wanting to look into is either making it a
> Known World guide, or make Volumes for each kingdom.  I am very curious to
> see what other kingdoms do with achievements.  I know awards vary greatly
> among kingdoms, so I am going to avoid specific awards as much as possible,
> but the classes of awards (magnates, peers, grant, armigerous,
> non-armigerous) seem to be fairly congruent, or am I mistaken?

You are mistaken.  In An Tir the helm comes with armigery, crest with grant,
and supporters come with a patent.

In fact, we have information online:
http://www.antir-heralds.com/An_Tir_Roll_of_Arms/Achievements/achievements.html

So just remember to date it.  I'm harping, I know, but my #1 problem in
heraldry and everywhere else is people not realizing the stuff they're using
for information has been superceded a few times.  :)

- Teceangl
--
          Fill your mouth with toothpaste and quack like a duck.