[ANSTHRLD] Fw: Mouse Balls

PoetLover poetlover at spdway.net
Tue Jul 24 08:33:41 PDT 2001

I know this is not heraldry related, but for as much as we are on the computer, I thought ya'll would enjoy this one. Please read this to the end. I tried to keep a straight face.....IMPOSSIBLE.
Bridgid

I don't know how they wrote this with a straight face.

This apparently was a real memo sent at a computer company to its employees
in all seriousness...This memo is from an unnamed computer company.  It went
to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of
this memo was quite serious.  The engineers rolled on the floor! (Especially
note last sentence...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field
Replacement Unit.) Therefore, if a mouse fails to
operate or should it perform erratically, it may
need a ball replacement.

Because of the delicate nature of this procedure,
replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained
personnel. Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining
the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than
foreign balls.

Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse.
Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are
replaced by using the twist-off method.

Mouse balls are not usually static-sensitive.
However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for
maintaining optimum customer
satisfaction.

Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge
of removing and replacing these necessary items.