[ANSTHRLD] Iain MacWhelan

Rendell Skaggs rendells at code-works.com
Wed Jul 18 06:00:40 PDT 2001

doug bell wrote:

> These folks just love getting thrown into
> that there thistle patch by picking Gaelic names.

don't have to tell me that...

> The Problem Names Project has researched Iain.
>
> If he wants 1200-1600 highland Scotland Gaelic then
> Eoin mac Faolán or Eoin mac Sithig.

I suggested the to him. He's not as concerned with
authenticity as much as I had thought(and hoped)

> MacWhelan looks
> Irish from Woulfe, Irish Names and Surnames, pages
> 521, 557, 570, 573, 574.

So can anyone provide me with documentation for Iain.
I've seen it registered as late as Feb. 2000

> Magnus von Lübeck
Thanks Magnus and Kathleen

-Seanan

--
                               ___
-The best way to travel       / .''>   -Lord Seanán mac Tighearnáin