[ANSTHRLD] Re: New Bordure

Paul Haines wyrmclaw at ev1.net
Tue Jun 5 16:59:36 PDT 2001

First let me begin by saying, "Thank you," to Borek and Griffin for their
support as I take over the role of Bordure Herald.  I have been assisting
Griffin over the past few months with the duties of Bordure, so I am not
going into the job completely blind.  I also have met many fine heralds in
and around the Stargate area of Ansteorra, who will lend their assistance
when I am in need....well, they were right here just a minute ago... ;)  I
look forward to working with all of you in ensuring our kingdom's
submissions are maintained in a timely and orderly fashion and learning more
about our kingdom's CoH.

A little background on me....In the mundane world, I'm Paul Haines, a
pipeline installation engineer (offshore oil/gas pipe), 28 y/o, married with
no kids, New Yorker by birth, Texan by choice, and an Aggie by some twist of
fate.  Interesting...Asterisk and Bordure are both Aggies now...*eg*.  As
far as my involvement in the SCA, I am still relatively new, but have been
quite active since starting my involvement in Dec 2000.  I have been to
several events, got sucked into heraldry by Francois, Kathri, and Griffin,
and have started a Latin Guild at Stargate, through which I am teaching
beginner's latin classes.  Tack on to that chivalric combat and archery and
it all rounds out my week very nicely. :)

I look forward to meeting everyone at the Kingdom Heraldic Symp. and serving
you all as your new Bordure Herald.

Honor ante gloria,
Alden Drake