[ANSTHRLD] Re: Answering questions

Tim McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Sat Jun 23 23:51:35 PDT 2001

On one list, someone wrote:
> I am sorry for whomever it was that blasted you for this because
> this person was obviously selfish

I am sometimes of the "set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of
his life" school, and I vary in my thinking of how bad that is.

Nevertheless, may I please ask that the vitriolic condemnation of this
unknown-to-us author calm down?  There's a general principle of "don't
comment on the resub until after you've read the exact text of the
return".  Nobody but Tec and that author are in a position to know all
the circumstances and the exact messages involved.  We are therefore
in no position to speculate on their ancestry, personal habits, and
probable destination in the afterlife [1], just based on Tec's summary!

[1] Tip o' the nib to Poul Anderson, I think.

Daniel de Lincolia, standing up for sweetness and light.
Mark your calendar.

--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.