[ANSTHRLD] Re: [artheralds] Answering questions

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Mon Jun 25 11:33:50 PDT 2001

Stephen wrote:
> We also gave it up when we realized that our hurty and platy would
> be blazoned as "roundels of <tincture>"

As I wrote before, Laurel usually doesn't reblazon roundels, so you
shouldn't have let that stop you.  (One exception occurs to me: if a
roundel that uses a special name shares a tincture with another
charge.
    Azure, a pale between two bezants.
would probably be reblazoned as
    Azure, a pale between two roundels Or.
Similarly,
    Azure, a bezant within a bordure Or.
would perhaps be reblazoned as
    Azure, a roundel within a bordure Or.)

I could write a program to check for the shortest registered blazon,
but I don't have time at the moment.

> will pay chocolate for a unique, tasteful, passable and easy-to-
> draw badge

"[Fieldless] A mascle sable." or "... Or." appear to be clear thru
March 2001.  You can draw it with a ruler.  Also, you would then join
an illustrious company:

* Aureliane Rioghail (Ave Herald Extraordinary, former Star Principal
  Herald, "... azure")
* Daniel de Lincoln ("... gules")
* Talan Gwynek (Fauze Lozenge Herald, former Pelican King of Arms,
  former Dragon Principal Herald, "... per pale sable and gules")
* Teceangl Bach ("... argent")

(And Aveline Guillemot with "per pale Or and gules", but actually,
I have no idea whether Aveline is illustrious or not.)

"The MASCLE.  The MARK of heraldic QUALITY!"  Do use your heraldic
powers only for good, please.  (If you use them for evil, at least
make sure it's a really fun evil.)

(The list above is all the "[Fieldless] A mascle (tincture spec)."
registered.  So you could also do "vert" or "purpure", but I don't
like to recommend them.  You could also do any divided fields except
for the two per pales above.)

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)