ANSTHRLD - Name submission

Andrea Hicks maridonna at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 28 09:17:46 PST 2001

"Timothy A. McDaniel" wrote:

> I will actually suggest that someone check Kolatch.  He's actually
> sometimes useful in pointing out that a name is modern.  I'd also
> suggest Hanks and Hodges and Yonge.  I'm dead serious.  They sometimes
> do too,

snip

I checked Hank and Hodges, which has saved me some time looking for a
name that is ends up being modern (Thanks Teac!). S.n. Lorene says it a
variation of Loreen which is from Lora. I wander over to Withycombe and
look up Lora which says see Laura, Lauretta, but there is no form of
Lorene. (sad face)
Lauretta 1203-15
Laura 1210-12
Lora 1273, 1346, 1379