[ANSTHRLD] Attacking Goose Blazon

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Tue May 29 12:15:26 PDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:

> Lady Sunnifa of Lindenwood asks how to blazon and emblazon a
> "ticked-off goose".
> I don't recall seeing the phrase "goose rousant", only "swan rousant"
> (the real-world default for swans), but I think it's a plausible
> position.  For the swan, a badge of Henry V of England, see
>     http://www04.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ta2/saitou/ie401/Jpframe.htm
> I'm not sure how we'd blazon the dexter wing being forward like that.
> "A goose displayed" implies that the goose's body faces the viewer.

Thank you for that link! I think a 'goose rising argent' would be what I
am looking for. Looking under 'goose', 'rising' was an example given, and
it does look like a goose-attack if the beak were open in a hiss with the
tongue extended. Is there a proper way to blazon extending the neck,
though? It should probably be almost fess-wise.


More information about the Heralds mailing list