[ANSTHRLD] consult table?

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 06:23:01 PST 2001

There is a consultation table scheduled for Coronation, wherever it may be.
Does anyone know yet?  (er, ah, Darius?)

This will be Magnus' last table as Armillary, so it would be really nice to
have an Armillary-in-training by then.

For those who are intimidated by the standard set by Gwenllian and Magnus
(like me), be aware that their level of heraldic knowledge and activity is
not a requirement of the office.  The duties of the office include
*co-ordinating* -- not necessarily running, or even being at -- 4 consulting
tables a year, and we've pretty much settled on 2 coronations, Gulf War, and
1 other of Armillary's chosing.  (Yes, I know Magnus has been all over the
kingdom.  See previous remark about that level of activity not being
required.)  If you can think ahead 3 months, contact autocrats and heralds 4
times a year, haul or dispatch 2-3 plastic bins of stuff, add up dollars and
cents without stealing any or find someone who can, and strawboss a motley
crew or find someone who can, you can do the job of Armillary.  Like several
of our offices, it requires more diligence than heraldic knowledge, but doing
it almost always increases your heraldic knowledge.

Kathri