[ANSTHRLD] fimbration question

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:28:35 PST 2001

>Thank you all for your patience with my many questions.
Questions about foreign language names and precedents
are what this forum is perfect for.  These are unusual
problems that locals run into and this gives them a
resource.

>I know you may not fimbriate charges except simple geometric shapes.
And it has to be a centrally located charge on the field.
I believe this rules out secondary and tertiary
fimbriated charges.  The most common items to fimbriate
are central ordinaries (like a bend, fess) or an item
like a roundel, heart, or lozenge.

>a pellet i believe qualifies as a simple geometric.
Yes, you are correct.

>now can I add details to the fimbriation such as
>a pellet fimbriated rayonny Or
>or does the fimbriataion have to follow the outline exactly
The fimbriation follows the outline of the charge
exactly.

Please note that fimbriation doesn't give you a CD
for anything.

>does the fimbriation of the pellet  make it  clear the problem of the
>"plain line charged roundel on a
>fieldless badge" , or does the pellet itself have to be rayonny which
>makes it is no longer a simple geometric and not fimbriateable.

The issues you raise are:
1- is fimbriation a complex line?
No, it is a separate treatment with nothing to do with
plain vs complex line.
2- can you have fieldless, a roundel with complex line
with a charge on it?
3- can you fimbriate a complex line roundel?

I will do a search on these.

Magnus