[ANSTHRLD] a sun eclipsed

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 22:43:21 PDT 2001

>Unless an eclipsed sun has some special place in heraldry, I would
>consider it a case of "on a sun a roundel sable...".  In that case,
>the sable roundel versus the sable paw print versus the sable
>arrowhead (pheon) is a difference in tertiaries.  Second CD.

A sun is not simple enough to void so you don't get a
CD for change of type to tertiary charge.  You would
have to make 2 changes to the charge on the sun
to get the second CD.

What I see the x.4.j.ii mainly used for is
to get a CD for changing the type of a tertiary
on a central ordinary.  Completely explaining
that rule needs a small article, which I believe
Daniel wrote once upon a time.