[ANSTHRLD] blazon

Darin Herndon dherndon at bswintl.com
Wed Apr 3 09:31:50 PST 2002

Catarina,

I would have to double-check if there is a color specified but I
believe that any ring/annulet/circle etc. of roses in any color is a
reserved charge and can be used only by members of the Order of the
Rose.

The term for white (or silver) is argent.

A unicorn at rest in a ring (sort of like that really common tapestry
work), the unicorn would be couchant I believe.

Sable, a unicorn couchant argent within an annulet of Eglentine roses
proper.  I think this is the blazon you were trying for.

I cannot comment on Eglentine roses as a period charge (or not) and
will have to see others' comments.

Etienne
Nordsteorra

>>> aggileslie at hotmail.com 04/03/02 10:33AM >>>
I'm not sure how to do this but there is a client of mine who wants a
device
with the following

Field= sable
5 Eglentine roses proper per annulet (Roses are in a ring around the
unicorn)

a unicorn (white?) at rest (I don't know the term for white and how to
position the unicorn)

Please help!

Would this pass and are there any conflicts?

Catarina di Foscari
Shire of the Shadowlands