[ANSTHRLD] Asterisk?

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Thu Apr 25 16:17:46 PDT 2002

Tec wrote about the hazards of having both David of Moffat and Zenobia
as commenters.  May you be cursed with such problems.  I wouldn't
expect problems at kingdom level with that.  You'd get the long
discussions only on borderline armory cases.  In most cases, one would
say "Violates the layer limit" or "Conflicts with N., (blazon)" and
the other would say "Yup" and your job is easy.  Or someone would say
"it violates the precedent on" and they both say "no such precedent"
or "it's OK because", and again you job is easy.

As for hard cases?  When I was Bordure, Talan fulfilled the role of
David + Zenobia, often arguing with himself and reaching no clear
conclusion.  The submission generally got sent up, and I just copied
his comments verbatim and let the CoA and Laurel chew on it.  Simple,
no?

There's a reason why Da'ud's slogan in tenure 2.1 was "Dammit, Talan,
what's your point?!"  He had a cleverer solution, though: make it HIS
problem by co-opting the ******** to MAKE the decisions.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)