[ANSTHRLD] complete change of field??

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Aug 9 04:58:22 PDT 2002

> If on a device using "per pall" or "per pall inverted"
> it shares a tincture with another device, but in a
> different position, is it a complete change of field?
>
> For instance, would "Per pall inverted purpure, sable
> and Or" conflict with "Per pall inverted sable,
> argent, and chevronelly gules and argent"?

Having learned that this is field-primary armory, I can answer that
question.  :)  They're not automatically clear.  Keep reading.

Per pall is specifically NOT in the list of field divisions which are clear
of one another in X.4.a. and since there is a sharing of field tincture, the
two cannot get complete change of field under X.4.a. or X.4.b.
Try X.4.c. where you get a CD for change of field division and another for
changing 2/3rds of the field tincture.  As X.4. says, "Two pieces of armory
will not be considered to conflict if two clear visual differences exist
between them."

Mor, it's X.4.a. and X.4.b. you're thinking of.  X.2. requires that there
be a primary charge group in both armories.

- Teceangl
--
  Sable, seven mascles conjoined three, three and one argent.