[ANSTHRLD] book heraldry at Gulf Wars

Wendy Erisman werisman at alumni.rice.edu
Sun Feb 10 14:35:04 PST 2002

Greetings --

I am looking for volunteers to help with the heraldic consultation table at
Gulf Wars XI. We will need name and armory consultants and heraldic
artists. Heralds at all experience levels are very welcome.

This year, the consultation table will be open Wednesday and Thursday, noon
to 7 PM, Friday, 10 AM to 6 PM, and Saturday, 10 AM to 1 PM. If you can
help out at any of those times, please come by the table. Also, if you know
you will be attending the war and plan to volunteer, please let me know.

On Tuesday, the consultation table will be closed so that Herald's Point
can host a mini-collegium with a variety of heraldic classes. All those
interested in the heraldic arts are invited to attend. We are still looking
for additional teachers for the collegium. If you are interested in
teaching a class, please contact either me or the collegium coordinator,
Lady Katryne MacIntosh the Strange <ladykatryne at hotmail.com>.

A Pelican Queen of Arms road show has been scheduled for Wednesday morning.
This is an opportunity to see how decisions are made on name submissions at
the Laurel level.

Submissions heralds, if you would like to have submissions for your kingdom
accepted at the Gulf Wars consultation table, please contact me directly.
Our usual policy is that kingdoms accepting submissions must have a
representative at the table to handle the money and forms.

Gulf Wars XI will be held March 11-17, 2002, in Lumberton, MS. See the Gulf
Wars website <http://www.gulfwars.org/> for more information.

Gwenllian
Gulf Wars Heraldic Consultation Coordinator

Wendy Erisman, Ph.D.
Mellon Lecturing Fellow
University Writing Program
Bell Tower #3, Box 90025