[ANSTHRLD] badge help

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Feb 14 17:53:30 PST 2002

Blazon in question: Per fess embattled argent and azure, a mountain issuant
from the line of division gules.

> > And is in conflict with Eldern Hills, Barony of the -
> > December of 1988 (via
> > Ansteorra): Argent, a mountain of three peaks issuant from base gules.
>
> Hmmmm..... OK, advanced question (at least for me) On a previous
> rendition, this was:
>
> 'Per fess embattled gules and Or, a mountain issuant from the line of
> division Or'
>
> And it was said to conflicted with a similar badge. The question is that
> since the mountain in this case is issuant from the line of division,
> and is not a forced move, why would it be in conflict with another
> mountain that is issuant from base. Is there not a CD for changing
> position on the field? (in the other case there was a CD for the field
> as well if I am remembering correctly)

The default for a mountain is issuant from base.  So it can be said to
be forced into that position.  Also, even issuant from base, a mountain
can take up an awful lot of field, so a placement CD isn't guaranteed.