[ANSTHRLD] badge help

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Feb 15 19:45:12 PST 2002

> Tec wrote:
> > Flaunches are forced to be in pairs and
> > to dexter and sinister both.

Daniel replied:
> Even though flaunches are foreced to be in pairs and chieves ...
> chiefs are singular per coat, they still get a CD for number.
> "Forced" (or "foreced", if you prefer the West Devonian spelling)
> has a statutory basis only in X.4.g, Arrangement Changes, strictu sensu.

Utterly true, enforced by Master Da'ud:

  [one orle vs two flaunches] There was some question whether there were CDs
  for both type (orle vs flaunches) and number (one vs two), as you cannot
  have a single flaunch.  It is Laurel's opinion that there is indeed a CD
  for number here; while they may only come in pairs, there are quite clearly
  two of them, on opposite sides of the field. ... As a consequence, we
  believe we can reasonably grant a CD for flaunches being two charges, not
  one.  (Oscar Einhard, 10/94 p. 10)

So number counts, placement doesn't.

- Teceangl
--
     The sun, moon, and stars are for the birds -- a big naught.
                    Flora rose cross and ate flour.