[ANSTHRLD] conflict check and crazy phoenixes...

tmcd@jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Tue Jan 15 19:53:47 PST 2002

Cahira <cahira_of_bonwicke at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Per chevron sable and gules a chevron argent between 3
> crosses crosslet fichy and a phoenix Or.
> http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/tracilee/phoenix.html

> and let me know if that phoenix is submittable

Anything is submittable; the question is whether it's registerable.

In my humble opinion -- I am not a decision maker on anything more
complicated than where commas go -- no, it's not registerable.  It is
a modern depiction; it is not a phoenix with flames erupting under his
butt.  Those wings look more like flames, as well.

By the way, the head should face dexter unless explicitly blazoned.
For period style, the head should face dexter.

> * the chevron is too thin
Yes.
> * the chevron is too flat
With the charges like that, especially a long skinny vertical charge
above the point, not necessarily.
> * the crosses are too close to the chevron
Yes.

> did i forget anything? :-)

Above a per chevron or chevron, I would expect three charges to also
be in chevron.  The crosses crosslet fitchy are "in fess".

It would fill the space much better, and be a little closer to period
style, if there were just two crosses.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)