[ANSTHRLD] Please help with this device

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Tue Jul 23 15:12:25 PDT 2002

> Quarterly vert and argent in pale a barrel proper and two barley stalks in
> saltire Or.

Ah.  (It is an SCA standard to put a comma after the field, here
after "argent".  I've heard that Herveus's programs to process
the Armorial and produce the official SCA Ordinary require it.)

I still think that it's problematic for the reason I stated before:
the barley stalk that's bendwise sinister will have its head in
the argent section, and so all you can see from a distance is
that there's something with a skinny narrow end in saltire with
something that's grainlike (the bendwise \ stalk).

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)