[ANSTHRLD] OT: nigerian letters

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Tue Jun 25 08:17:34 PDT 2002

I have known about this particular scam for over ten years. It
did not start with email but via paper mail.  Getting one of
these letters was almost a point of pride that you were on the
"right" publication lists to be "picked" as a target.   With
the rapid growth of email list and unsuspecting people the
scam is getting more wide spread but is basically unchanged
from what is was years ago.

> I agree. That was my best response as well (after I stopped
> laughing at how dumb they must think we are).
> Bridgid

Consider this,  if it didn't work do you think they would still
be sending those letters?

--Francois