[ANSTHRLD] conflict check, please

Brent.Ryder at compucom.com Brent.Ryder at compucom.com
Thu Jun 13 04:47:30 PDT 2002

> > Ok, then here's what the bordure looks like:
> >
> > 4 crescent moons
>
> Crescent moons or crescents?  Crescents are plain; crescent moons have
> a half-face (like the Proctor and Gamble logo).  I haven't checked
> precedents, but they probably don't get a CD from each other.  (A
> roundel gets no CD from a moon in its plenitude (a roundel with a
> human face).)  Nevertheless, it's a difference in blazon.

The term can be found at: http://www.heraldica.org/shell/illustr.pl?256

with an illustration

Français - lunel
English - 4 crescents joined millsailwise
Deutsch - 4 zugewendete Monde
Español - lunel
Italiano - lunello
Nederlands - maanroos

> As the old proverb goes, "difficulty in blazon is often an indication
> of non-period style".  I can't actually think of a blazon for this.
> Well, "and on a bordure groups of four (crescents|crescent moons)
> conjoined in cross horns inward" (tinctures omitted because I don't
> have them to hand).  But "groups of" is just an attempt at an English
> description, not the language of blazon.

It is a seme of these charges as it cannot be a complex line.

The term came up in Eleanor Fairchild's resub as well.

Borek