[ANSTHRLD] Gules ermined Or

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 05:39:50 PST 2002

>I'm trying and having very limited luck looking in the O&A, and was
>wondering, can someone look for conflict with 'gules ermined Or'?

The reason you didn't find it is that it isn't registerable.  This is a fur
which makes it a plain,
undivided ticture field.  We don't register those
except in the case of Brittany and Libya.
It is a lovely design but sorry it won't work.

Magnus von Lubeck

"While the principle that a plain (i.e., undivided)
tinctured field was not protected was written into the old rules, this
principle existed by precedent long before it was added to the rules. We do
not feel that
this precedent has been voided by the new rules." (LoAR 28 May 90, p. 6)