[ANSTHRLD] Populace badge?

Dobharchu dobharchu at dobharchu.org
Wed Nov 27 05:24:33 PST 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 09:09 pm, Jennifer Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 07:14:52PM -0500, tmcd at panix.com wrote:
> > Obviously I need to open my eyes more.  Do Ansteorrans
> > use a populace badge of any sort, and if so, what?
> > Yes, I know that there's the registered ensign, but
> > do people actually use it?
>
> The registered ensign, if memory serves (and yes I'm too lazy to go look
> it up properly), is "Or, a star of 5 greater and 5 lesser points sable
> and a bordure sable".  I've more commonly seen people just slapping a
> "Ansteorran star" onto any gold background and calling it a day,
> although the LionDragon Guard tabards that Mooneschadowe makes do use
> the proper ensign on the back.  Their current shields, however, do not
> have the bordure (and also add the tabard-front design, which is
> irrelevant to this discussion).
>
> -Emma

Your memory serves fine (but, for the curious, no I didn't look it up - didn't
need to (nyeh)).

Back in my day, the ensign was the standard design for war tabards for Pennsic
and Gulf War - don't you young whipersnappers still do that?  ;-)  Back then,
about the only thing more terrifying on the Pensic battle field than a squad
in "Black Star" tabards was a wall of purpure and or scutums...  Or a sea of
Black Star tabards behind that wall of scutums...

--

Dobharchu