[ANSTHRLD] Thomas Corbett-Name Doc

Scott Ozment roguegrog at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 09:28:55 PDT 2002

Thank you for your response, Daniel.

However, the previous herald is still in possession of the office's records
and books, so I'm needing help not only with conflict but also actual
documentation.

"Thomas Corbett of Swineshead"

Thomas- common name throughout England in many periods. This one I can find
documentation for.

Swineshead- an actual parish in western England. In existence since 1200's.
I should be able to document this.

Corbett- Occurs in Domesday book, with father and 3 sons. However, the name
appears as Corbet. The double "t" is somewhat important to the client. I
found one instance of a "Corbett" as an Alice Corbett that was supposedly
the mistress to Henry I, and thereby received a nicer burial plot carved
with her name. But I can find no concrete documentation for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc-Antoine
Candelaio Pursuivant