[ANSTHRLD] help with a submission

Cindi Picou cdpicou at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 3 19:53:18 PST 2003

Thank you very much.The last emblazon is EXACTLY what
the submitter wanted!
> Is the submitter wedded to the "contourny" part?  If
> not, it could be
> checked for the regular "facing dexter" orientation
> and it would
> become (close to) kick-ass period style.

 HE AmberLea Fairchild helped me with the emblazon,
but I was unsure about the "chevron raguly" portion.
> That's actually just a "chevron raguly".

The client and I were not sure about how to emblazon
the direction the heads face, and he does want them to
face left.
> "Sable, on a chevron raguly Or, three gryphon's
> heads erased contourny
> vert."
>
> That says that the field is black, there's a chevron
> raguly on it
> that's gold, and on the chevron are three green
> griffin's heads facing
> the viewer's right, with jagged edges where their
> heads were ripped
> off their bodies.  Does this match the emblazon
> (picture)?

I searched the armorial, and I could not find any
conflicts; are there any obvious ones that you can
see? Or is it kick-ass period style?

Again, thank you for the help. This is the first
device I have been asked to consult on, and I am still
quite new at this. HE AmberLea is the only one in the
Barony I can ask, and as she has not been a herald for
quite some time she is a bit rusty!

Selina of the Wood