[ANSTHRLD] FW: [Steppes] Plea for the SCA

Eirik Halfdanarson arbalest at ansteorra.org
Thu Apr 24 05:36:19 PDT 2003

The key word in the e-mail you quoted is OLD. Many years ago there was some
commentary that was or bordered on insulting to the submitter. Several years
ago, a Star Principal Herald decreed that internal commentary should be
written as if the submitter were in the room with you, or if you were
writing directly to them. Since then most commenters have been restrained
and polite in their commentary. Once in a while, a commenter gets impolite
and usually someone talks to them or Star and the issue is resolved. Overall
the commentary has evolved from whatever came to mind to useful reasons why
the submission has problems. The quality of commentary has gotten better now
than when I first started commenting in 1992. So if anyone has issues with
the way commentary has been done in the past, just tell them that the
process is better now and the comments are not what they were.

Eirik

---