[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check for a name?

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Thu Aug 7 15:07:04 PDT 2003

Quoth "Joseph Percer":
> I'm having trouble with conflict checking a name, its particularly confusing
> for me, but the name in question is:
>
> Caitriona inghean Mhic Lochlainn
>
> Does that conflict with:
>
> Name: Catriona Heather MacLochlainn
> Name: Caitrìona inghean mhic Leod na Iae

Have you refreshed yourself with RfS V.1, which deals with conflict of
personal names?  The relevant part is V.1.b.ii:

"ii. Number of Name Phrases - A personal name containing at most
two name phrases does not conflict with any personal name containing a
different number name phrases.

Thóra Arnthórudóttir does not conflict with Thóra in spaka Arnthórudóttir;
Pedro Fernandez does not conflict with Pedro Fernandez Perez."

The propose name has at most two name phrases (<Caitriona> and
<inghean Mhic Lochlainn>), and the two cited ones have three each.

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/