[ANSTHRLD] help with conflict check

Haines, Paul PHA at allseas.com
Mon Feb 24 10:08:57 PST 2003

> Michael Silverhands?  Hasn't his various device ideas bounced like
> three times?  Hasn't he been trying for REALLY REALLY simple armory?
> He does need extra help.

He's submitted two devices so far.  The first, Quarterly azure and argent,
was returned listing one conflict.  The second, Quarterly argent and azure,
in dexter chief a cross aislee formy gules, was returned listing two
conflicts.  I decided to try and track down the conflict to his first device
submission.  I've done that, and it's looking favorable to get permission to
conflict.  I just don't want to assume that there's nothing else out there
to worry about.  I'd like for all the bases to be covered before we submit
it again.

If we sent it up as an appeal, would it even need to be checked against
further conflicts though?  Since the return only listed one conflict, an
appeal with permission to conflict should technically correct all reasons
stated for the return, thereby making it acceptable. Right?

> There's a pend from October, November, or December on that subject.
> Zenobia said that there was a possible conflict between this and some
> other submission, but that she could not find any source that said
> that this was a flag of Panama.

I checked this a little.  The CoA has registered two badges to protect the
flag of Panama.  One without mullets, registered in 1995, and one with
mullets, registered in 1999.  All the flags of Panama I have seen have
mullets (a mullet azure in the first quarter, and a mullet gules in the
fourth quarter).

Thanks to all who offer assistance,
Alden