[ANSTHRLD] looking for documentation

Maridonna maridonna at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 21 09:18:21 PST 2003

More Googling found http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/workshop/mysticnames.html
which lists Alim and Alima as  wise, learned one under Mystic Stuff.  I
cannot find a way to contact the author of the article for his or her
source.  I don't believe that this site is a good source for documentation.

I have found <Alim> in one of the names of God in Mustapha al-Muhaddith ibn
al-Saqaat's The One Hundred Most Beautiful Names of God   <Ya-Alim =
Knower>, but not as a period given name.

Da'ud's article Arabic Naming Practices and Period Names List lists the
feminine given name <Halima>.

Hopefully someone can find docs on the name.
--
Andrea / Maridonna

Why buy while they die? Adopt a rescue or shelter pet today.