[ANSTHRLD] An introduction and question

Mór inghean Chathail morcathail at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 12:22:38 PST 2003

No, I am afriad not, the proper has to still be treated as either a color or
a metal.

Example precedents:
A caucasian mermaid cannot be placed on an argent field, as human
(caucasian) flesh proper was somtimes depicted as argent in period sources.
[Lachlann Wick of Brindle Myre, 11/99, R-Caid]

[Per bend sinister Or and azure, a wooden tankard proper] This device is
being returned for contrast problems. The primary identifying element of the
brown tankard, the handle, lies completely on the azure portion of the field
(the elaborate carving was completely invisible from five feet away),
rendering the whole unidentifiable. [Gwynneth Wenche of Wight, 07/99,
R-Atenveldt]

YIS,
Mór inghean Chathail