[ANSTHRLD] Court Herald question

tmcd@panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 17 13:21:00 PDT 2003

"BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV6) (USA)"
<matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> When at a populace meeting with their majesties in attendance, how
> would you announce the crown?

Talking to the seneschal sounds like a good idea, but you might want
to have a recommendation available first.

The populace meetings I've been in have tended to be pretty informal.
The start was likely to be "OK, folks, we're starting now.  Settle
down, please.  Um, who's first?  Let's do marshallate first.  Bob?
Folks, quiet down, please!  Bob?"  Business meetings didn't tend to be
much more formal, though they were usually in a public space (a
classroom, a meeting room) instead of someone's house.

I'd probably recommend "OK, folks, we're starting now.  Settle down,
please.  The crown is attending this one -- everybody say, 'Hi,
Crown!'  [chorus]  [smiling and waving at them]" or some such.

Does this sound OK?

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address