[ANSTHRLD] KWHS

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Mon Jun 2 10:57:10 PDT 2003

>I'm estimating 8.5-9.5 hours to get there from Dallas. Were you coming
>from down in Austin? That would account for the extra 3 odd hours.

No.  I lived in Irving at the time and was leaving from 114 and MacArthur
Road.  But I had to make at least 2 gas stops (+/- 15 min each) and stopped
for a meal (+/- 30 to 45 minutes).  Maybe 1/2 an hour was involved with
getting from 114 to 35, but I can't recall.

I took 35 N to OK City, from there to Tulsa (is that I55? - my memory is
vague after all this time), and from there straight up to St. Louis.

Oh!  I'm wondering if that was still in the days of the 55 MPH speed limit
on the highways.  That would affect the time it took to make the run.

Mari