[ANSTHRLD] 5 Days Until Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium

Crystal Lewis crysllewis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 09:49:39 PDT 2003

Please join us for this one-day event of everything heraldic and scribal!
This year hosts six tracks of classes ranging from implementing "Device
Heraldry" to "How to Run a Charter Painting Table".

Hosted by the Canton of Westgate, Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium
will commence on the 28th day of June 2003 at Christ Memorial Lutheran
Church. Site opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m.  Classes will begin at
9:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m. to be followed by court. There is a one-hour
break for lunch where a sideboard luncheon, sponsored by House Wyrmclaw,
will be available.  Area eating establishments are posted on the website as
well.  Site is wet in period containers.

Site fees:
Adults: $8.00 ($24.00 family max)
Children 12 and under: Free
Non-members add a $3 Society-mandated fee.

For a more detailed list of classes please visit
http://scriptoris.ansteorra.org/ahss/classes.html.

POST-EVENT ACTIVITIES
Mexican Dinner and Revelry
After 6:00 p.m. court, those who wish may stop by for dinner and drinks at
La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant, located a couple of blocks from site. We
have reserved a large room for a private party. A poster with directions and
a sign in sheet will be provided near gate; the poster will contain a menu
as well. If you're interested please see the gentles at gate before 2 p.m.

"St. Peter and the Vatican" Organized Group Tour
Come see this unique exhibit! The Sunday following the event we will gather
for breakfast around 10 a.m. at IHOP on the Katy Freeway, and from there
travel to the Houston Museum of Natural Science to view the largest Vatican
collection to ever tour America. A poster with sign-in sheet and schedule
with directions will be provided near gate; please sign in before 2:00 p.m.
If we get a group of 20 or more, ticket prices will be $14.50, otherwise the
price is $17.50.

So please join us as we not only learn the heraldic and scribal arts, but
come together for some good social fun!

Directions:
In Houston, make your best way to I-10 and Kirkwood. Turn South on Kirkwood
to Memorial.  Turn right onto Memorial.  Go past Bateswood Dr. on the right
and Rancho Bauer Dr. on the left and the site will be on the right, just
past Rancho Bauer Dr.

Autocrat:
Lady Gwen verch Cynwrig de Ynys Mon
Crystal Lewis