[ANSTHRLD] refining my badge

Haines, Paul PHA at allseas.com
Wed Mar 5 05:24:06 PST 2003

ok...I tried playing around with my badge last night and came up with
something a little different.  I'm not sure precicely how to blazon it, but
here's my best shot:

[Fieldless] On a pellet within and conjoined to an annulet dovetailed of six
dovetails on the outer edge a dragon argent.

I know fielded badges are essentially the same as a roundel of various
tinctures, but with this design, there is no "field" on the outside of the
annulet where the dovetailing is, so the pellet (roundel sable) within the
annulet becomes a charge, not a field.  Thus we have two co-primary charges
of a pellet and an annulet.  The dragon becomes a secondary/tertiary?
charge, charging the pellet.  Would that work?

Also, there is significance to having six dovetails, so I wanted that to be
specified in the blazon, but I'm not sure if I did that correctly.

Alden