[ANSTHRLD] picture of badge

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Thu Mar 6 21:46:14 PST 2003

Alden scripsit:
> The wife and I agree we both like the dovetailing on
> the inside of the annulet, so without further ado, here
> is the latest badge revision:  [Fieldless] A dragon within
> and conjoined to an annulet dovetailed on the inside
> edge argent.
>
> http://planet-krypton.com/bridget/images/badge2.gif
>
> Comments are very appreciated.

     One description I've heard used for fieldless badges and how much
conjoining there needs to be with multiple elements is to think of it as
being cast or punched out of metal as a one-piece unit.  I worry that the
two "just barely touching" points won't be considered enough.  Would such a
badge of metal hold together?

     Making the dragon a bit bigger could help mightily in that regard --
the bottom foot can be securely grasping the dovetail, the one wingtip could
overlap a portion of the dovetail it's now touching, and you could even have
a forepaw grasping a dovetail.

Your honours in dutie.

Brendan, Pilgrim
----
"These are my opinions.  If they were the biblical truth, your bushes would
be burning."