[ANSTHRLD] Tristan's Checks

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Fri Mar 28 08:44:43 PST 2003

Tristan,

Sorry this took so long.

Device 1: Azure on a bend sinister between two lions couchant guardant argent three Maltese crosses gules.

The three closest items I found (though I believe all are clear) are:
"Elfwyn of Osprey
The following device associated with this name was registered in May of 1996 (via Meridies):  Azure, a bend sinister argent estencely sable, between two domestic cats rampant contourny argent."
You have a field treatment on the bend, cats in a different position than your lions, and you have tertiaries on your bend lacking here.

"Gerard von Löwenstein
The following device associated with this name was registered in March of 1993 (via the Middle):  Azure, a bend sinister bretessed between two lions passant argent."
You have a plain line bend sinister, you have tertiary crosses, and lions are in different position.

"Juliana of Tregony
The following device associated with this name was registered in July of 1990 (via the West):  Azure, on a bend sinister between two cats sejant to sinister argent, three annulets azure."
You have lions in a different position than these cats and you have the tertiary crosses.

Device 2: Vert, in saltire a Greyhound salient and a Greyhound salient countourny ermine, a bordure Or.
This appears clear by my check.

Badge:  (Fieldless) On a Catherine's wheel Or, a Maltese cross gules.
This one seems to have generated discussion I haven't read yet so I'll hold off and read my email.

Etienne