[ANSTHRLD] Bow & Arrow Vs. Bow

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Fri Mar 28 10:28:21 PST 2003

It was said by jds at randomgang.com (Jennifer Smith)
>On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 09:02:31AM -0600, Joseph Percer wrote:
>> I was just curious to see if anybody had found anything concerning
>> "Vert, a longbow nocked with an arrow and drawn Or." Versus "Vert, a bow
>> argent, strung or." and whether or not they conflict.

<snip precedent>

>This would seem to state that a drawn bow & arrow is a single charge,
>not two separate charges, so you would not be able to get a CD for
>adding anything to the primary charge group.  On the other hand, it also
>does not answer the question of whether there's a CD for *type* between
>a drawn and undrawn bow.

While Emma's observation may indeed be correct, I would like to again point out that the proposed device is in conflict with another registered device you did not bring up.  Specifically :

Andrew Roriksson
The following device associated with this name was registered in April of 1999 (via Atlantia):
Sable, a bow nocked of an arrow Or.

There is 1 CD for change of field, but no other CDs as "a longbow nocked with an arrow and drawn Or" is just a longer way of saying "a bow nocked of an arrow Or" because by default bows are strung and drawn and are longbows.  So while you may or may not be clear of the conflict vs the device you brought up, you are NOT clear of Andrew Roriksson.

Timothy
Eclipse